Checklist for Student Visa Application
- SEVIS I-20, filled out by your school
and signed by you.
- Receipt for having paid the SEVIS
- Form DS-156, Nonimmigrant Visa Application.
- Form DS-158, Contact Information and Work History for
Nonimmigrant Visa Applicant.
- Form DS-157, Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Application, if
you're either a male applicant between 16 and 45 years of age or
you come from a state that the U.S. believes sponsors terrorism and
you are age 16 or older, whether male or female.
- Visa application fee. (currently $131)
- Visa issuance reciprocity fee (the amount varies by country.
For Indians this fee is not applicable).
- Your passport, valid for at least six months.
- Long-form birth certificate for you and each accompanying
- Marriage certificate if you are married and bringing your
- Transcripts, diplomas, and results of any standardized tests
required by the schoolyou'll be attending, showing your previous
education and your qualifications to pursue your chosen course of
- Documents showing reasons that you'll return to your home
country, such as ownership of real estate, relationships with close
family members staying behind, or proof that a job will be waiting
for you on your return.
- Proof of sufficient funds, such as:
- Bank statements.
- Personal financial statements.
- Evidence of your current sources of income.
Be sure to read about
required student visa documents before you begin the
Image Credit : the-maestros